WHAT WE DO
CAM Detroit helps people experiencing homelessness find shelter and access housing resources. Anyone without a safe place to sleep for the night, can go to CAM for assistance.
There are four main components to CAM’s work:
- Access – CAM provides access to services for people experiencing homelessness throughout the city of Detroit.
- Assessment – CAM uses a standard assessment process to help connect people to the right supports.
- Prioritization – CAM prioritizes housing resources for the most vulnerable.
- Referral – CAM quickly and efficiently connects people to housing resources as they become available.
CAM’s vision is to orchestrate a community response that creates an accessible, efficient path to housing for households facing homelessness.
- Strengthen accessibility for households in need of assistance
- Ensure the standardization of intakes and assessments
- Increase collaborative community partnerships
- Improve alignment of resources with local need
WHO WE ARE
CAM serves as Detroit’s local Coordinated Entry System for homelessness assistance. CAM does not directly offer housing assistance, but rather provides a single process to access the assistance provided by a number of community partners. It is not an organization or program. It is a system within Detroit’s Continuum of Care (CoC) that is currently implemented by the agencies: Southwest Counseling Solutions and Community & Home Supports (CHS).
For more information on Coordinated Entry please see:
For more information on the Continuum of Care please see:
As the governing body for the Continuum of Care, the CoC Board is responsible for operating an effective coordinated entry system that is in compliance with requirements established by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development.
The Board has established the CAM Governance Committee which is responsible for direct oversight of CAM and for bring coordinated entry policy level recommendations to the Board.
CAM Governance Committee Members:
Celia Thomas, Chair – CoC Board Representative
Charles Pearson, Co-Chair – Shelter Representative
Sarms Jabra – Funder Representative
June White – Funder Representative
Tasha Gray – CoC Lead Agency Representative
Jane Scarlett – CAM Lead Agency Representative
John Stoyka – CAM Implementing Agency Representative
Eleanor Costa- CoC Board Representative
Jessica Bembas – Street Outreach Provider Representative
Joey Merchant – PSH Provider Representative
Toyia Yancey- RRH Provider Representative
Jennifer Tuzinsky – Veterans Affairs Representative